Thursday, March 16, 2006

Thursday, March 16, 2006

I acquire the insurance packet from my State Farm agent.  I begin to assemble a checklist for my trip and pack.  It's going to be a quick trip so I carry light.  I get home and check my email.  My Ebay sniper has netted me a mint, NOS 1986 Trans Am owners manual.  The price is $41.00.  A bit steep and I probably could have beaten that price but this manual is brand new, never issued and represents a book that is 20 years old, in pristine condition and no longer in print.  I look up a similar item from an OEM dealer that I use and the price is only $2 cheaper with a 4 to 6 week shipping rate.  I'll settle for two bucks more and it being here next week. 

It's my money, I feel good about the price since I'm going to be the first one to crease the cover.  While I'm online, I lock my sniper onto several other publications including an original GM shop manual for the 1986 Firebird.  1900 plus pages of chassis illustrations, wiring diagrams and charts redefines serious toilet time reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment