Sunday, April 16, 2006

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Well, son of a witch!  

Look at THIS bit of unexpected good fortune!  
 

RPO SERVICE PARTS CATEGORY
WW5
APPEARANCE PACKAGE: AERO #5
19Q
MOLDING COLOR (BLACK) 
 41U
PRIMARY COLOR, EXTERIOR, BLACK 
 62D
TRIM COMBINATION, CLOTH, LT SADDLE (D)
 62I
INTERIOR TRIM, LT SADDLE (I)
629
SECONDARY COLOR, EXTERIOR, LT TAUPE
 60P WHEEL COLOR, BEIGE
81A
STRIPE COLOR, ACCENT, TWO TONE, RED / BLACK 

I was going back through the RPO codes and look what I found.  My "monochrome" TA isn't a monochrome TA at all, but an original, black and gold two-tone TA!  Words cannot describe the ecstasy I am feeling at this instant in time.  I wanted a black and gold WS6 optioned TA, I settled for a monochrome black Y99 optioned TA.  Then I discover that the TA actually is a WS6 car and is wearing the wrong wheels and tires.  Now I discover that the TA was originally a black and gold TA and one of the previous owners painted the gold rocker panels black (and removed the "TRANS AM" name on the front, the square-dot-fade stripe around the car and the "PONTAC" emblem from the front driver's side headlight.  I guess they were trying to "build" a GTA (which didn't appear until 1987).  

How's that for luck?  

Unbelievable...  I now own, through a very strange set of circumstances, the very car I was looking for in the first place.  Some (re)assembly required.

No comments:

Post a Comment