Wednesday, August 2, 2006
August 2, 2006
Finished up the thermostat. It took about three days and three hours total labor (spread over those three days) but that's because I did the job in little bits, I didn't work very long on it each time, I had to go get some spare parts to replace worn parts, and I cleaned and remounted the throttle body in the process. I cranked the car, let it idle and looked for leaks or problems. None existed so I ran the car down the road. The temp gauge hovered well below the middle mark until I sat for a while in the median of the highway and watched the temp gauge head towards the middle point and a little beyond. I got back underway at speed and the needle again began to fall towards 195 degrees. I'll run the car to work tomorrow and see how she does.