Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thursday, December 21, 2006

 - I found a private collector who was willing to part with the entire series of Pontiac Dealer Product Manuals along with the accompanying yearly official dealer price guides.  Now I have the complete third gen library of official material on these cars, listing colors, options, rare models like the Mecham MSE and the Recaros, options available, prices for cars and options and a wealth of other information.  The asking price?  About $50 a year puts you close to what I spent but it was worth every penny (at least to me). Not only will this help me finish up some details in the book I'm writing, but this collection may also help me answer the odd question people tend to ask me in email (like "Hey, BE ...  I have a 1988 Firebird and I was wondering what RPO code WSL was ...?  No one else knows.  Can you help me?").  Once my book is published, I may scan and post the relevant Firebird material from these PDPMs as an addition to the material that will already be found in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment