Thursday, November 23, 2006

Friday, November 23, 2006

  • My luck held strong when I scored a complete set of new 1986 Trans Am owner's materials.  These are the usual books and pamphlets that are included with most new cars when they leave the dealership and which usually become lost in the first few years of ownership.  I already had a owner's manual for this car but a spare never hurts.  Interesting stuff but I wonder ... the packet came with information on Firestone tires but my car rolled on Goodyear Eagle GTs when it left the factory.  If anyone out there has any factory / dealer documentation on the Goodyear tires, original issue, would you scan it at full size and send it to me via email?  Hell, if you want to sell it to me, I'll cough up a 5 or 10 spot for it just to be complete.  Pictured below, from left to right, top to bottom are; Pontiac wearables / collectibles catalog, Uniroyal new tire information, Firestone new tire information, 1986 GM Maintenance schedule, Delco 2000 series ETR radio instructions, 1986 Pontiac Firebird owner's manual, and a copy of the one year MIC General $10,000 occupant life (death) insurance policy issued by GM that year on all of its new cars.  The Pontiac / Firebird collectibles brochure is hilarious and I'll try to scan it in shortly to share the mirth.  Think open shirt and gold chain with a Firebird medallion on a guy trying to look tough for the camera.  Shudder.
     
Original new Firebird owner's packet

No comments:

Post a Comment