Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thursday, May 11, 2006

I made a contact through the local car club of a guy who can powdercoat my 16" rims for me.  He said he couldn't get around to doing the wheels until late July or sometime in August due to his current backlog and work schedule.  That's fine, apparently everything is getting put off until the end of Summer anyway.  The only problem with going to the new larger wheels is, of course, going to be that I'm required to buy new, larger tires.  Looks like the old wallet is going to get hit for about $800 for a set of four P245/50VR16s all mounted and balanced.  I'd say I'm looking at a good $1000 total for powdercoating and new rubber.  

If I could have just five minutes alone with which ever of the past three owners of this car sold the original factory 16 x 8" wheels, I would do my best to beat him to death with a well worn dog chew toy that squeaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment