Monday, May 15, 2006

Monday, May 15, 2006

Well, the Mississippi hot weather is here, folks.  Not only did one of the three previous morons who owned this car convert the AC system from Freon to the less efficient RC134A, but they did it on a black car with a huge rear glass hatch and T-tops (and where the original OEM factory T-top sunshades are is another mystery...).  I was thinking of tinting the T-tops but that would kind of ruin their effect at night.  I'll just pony up and get a reproduction set of the original sunshades (about $60 bux from Year One or OEM).  The fact that the car rolls down the highway with the temperature needle pointing due south to 220 degrees also bothers me (and can't be good for the AC system).  She doesn't overheat but I never have liked any of my cars to run that hot.  Time for a 160 to 180 degree thermostat and maybe a PROM change if the ECM doesn't like the cooler thermostat.

No comments:

Post a Comment