Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I receive the Monogram 1/32 scale 1985 Trans Am model in the mail.  It is unopened, still in the shrink wrap.  The car features the WS6 suspension, a 5.0 liter LB9 TPI V8 and strangely, no T-tops.  I reason that I can pick up a later 3rd Gen Firebird model with T-tops and mix and match parts at this level of detail to provide the final model I desire with the options that my car includes, but that is an rather minor adventure for another time.

I go by my local body shop and show the owner the car.  He is amazed at the TA and agrees it was a great buy.  When I ask him how much to paint the ground effects gold and apply the "square-dot-fade" decal, I get a quote of $450 parts and labor, if I supply the decals (which will be about another $250 give or take).  He still says it won't be until late July before he can get to spraying the ground effects, he's booked solid until then.  


No problem.  

 I've got to get the correct wheels and tire sizes mounted on the car and probably will have to refinish the wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment