Saturday, March 25, 2006

Saturday, March 25, 2006


I finally got around to washing the TA and my CBR.  First bit of good weather we've had in a while.  Upon visiting my parents, my dad hands me a flyer for a car show in Laurel, MS on April 8, 2006.  I plan on attending even though my father and his '55 Oldsmobile will be unable to join me there due to a prior scheduled engagement on his part.  I remind him that Cruising the Coast should be in late September to mid October.  This is the yearly gathering of Southern hot rods, muscle cars and all kinds of hi-perf and custom vehicles, from old to new, stock to wild.  Hurricane Katrina destroyed the show last year but this year, I've heard rumors that the "survivors" of the event will be out in force to show that a hurricane can't keep us away from our beloved toys.  I plan on being there, my first appearance in my own car though I've been to a few previous years events while riding with other people in their MOPARs and Mustangs.

No comments:

Post a Comment